Showing 24 results

Authority record
Corporate body

COWI

  • Corporate body
  • 1930

In 1930, engineer Christen Ostenfeld established his business in a small apartment in Copenhagen's Vesterbro neighbourhood. In 1946, Wriborg W. Jønson became a full partner and the company – which now had 25 employees – changed its name to Ostenfeld & Jønson. The company has been involved in numerous bridge projects throughout the years including the suspension bridge at Uittamo in Finland, (1960); the Little Belt Bridge (1970) - a 6-lane motorway bridge which links Funen with Jutland; and the Great Belt Bridge (1970). In 1972 the company became COWIconsult when Christen Ostenfeld retired. COWI took over Flint & Neill in 2008.

Flint & Neill Partnership

  • Corporate body
  • 1958 - 2008

The Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust (CSBT) appointed Flint & Neill Partnership (FNP) in April 2006 to provide professional engineering consultancy services. In 2008 Flint & Neill was taken over by COWI and re-branded as COWI in 2017.

Results 1 to 10 of 24