Showing 279 resultsAuthority record
Frank James Burgess paid a license to the Clifton Suspension Bridge Company to sell photographs and stationary from a wooden souvenirs kiosk located by the Clifton tower on the bridge from 1919 to 1931.
- Corporate body
In 1930, engineer Christen Ostenfeld established his business in a small apartment in Copenhagen's Vesterbro neighbourhood. In 1946, Wriborg W. Jønson became a full partner and the company – which now had 25 employees – changed its name to Ostenfeld & Jønson. The company has been involved in numerous bridge projects throughout the years including the suspension bridge at Uittamo in Finland, (1960); the Little Belt Bridge (1970) - a 6-lane motorway bridge which links Funen with Jutland; and the Great Belt Bridge (1970). In 1972 the company became COWIconsult when Christen Ostenfeld retired. COWI took over Flint & Neill in 2008.