- GB 3493 AA/1/S/1
- c. 1850s
Fait partie de The Adrian Andrews Collection
Inscribed "Rocks at Clifton on the Avon at Bristol, Engd". The abutments and towers of Clifton Suspension Bridge were built between 1836 and 1843. However, money ran out and the project was finally abandoned when the Clifton Suspension Bridge Act expired in 1853 and the existing ironwork was sold off. Work did not begin again on site to finish the bridge until 1862.