- GB 3493 126
- c. 1756
44 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Chatlain & Vivares
• 20 CDs containing digitally-born and digital surrogate files of Adrian Andrews’ images and research, including drafts and proofs for the guidebook, Clifton Suspension Bridge, by Adrian Andrews and Michael Pascoe, (Broadcast Books, 2008) (c. 2000 – 2016)
• Two A3 portfolio folders containing original prints of various bridges (c.1770s – 1880s), copies and extracts from nineteenth-century publications (including The London Illustrated News, The Scotsman), photographic prints and negatives of Clifton Suspension Bridge and other bridges, photocopies of letters and papers from archives and photographic prints of exhibitions boards (2006).
• 7 lever arch folders and one folder containing prints, drafts for Andrews' publications and research notes concerning the Clifton Suspension Bridge, the history of bridge engineering in general and Kings Weston House, Bristol.
• One stereoscope and 209 stereoscopic photographs of bridges, including 84 images of Clifton Suspension Bridge (c.1850s – 1910).
• Three commemorative medallions: iron bridge at Coalbrook (opened 1779), London Bridge (opened 1831) and the Thames Tunnel (opened 1845).
• One hard drive containing approximately 32,500 images relating to Adrian Andrew’s historic research and design work.
• Collection of books and 7 framed prints relating to Isambard Kingdom Brunel and the history of bridge construction and engineering.
Andrews, Adrian Harry Douglas
This collection consists of material created by the Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust (CSBT) and its predecessors during the course of its business. Also included are papers created by the Bridge's consulting engineers and deposited with the CSBT, these are:
Howard Humphreys & Sons and Howard Humphreys & Partners (1910 - 2006)
Flint & Neill Partnership/Cowi (2006 - )
Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust
Rees, J, bookseller
Grangerised from an unknown publication. Illustration number 1297.
Contains also printed 'Prospectus of Suspension Bridge...20 April 1831'.