- GB 3493 098
- c.1864 - 1920
44 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Watercolour and guache painting by George Wolfe showing the abutments and towers of Clifton Suspension Bridge during the period in which the project was abandoned. Signed and dated "WOLFE/54" (1854).
Wolfe, George, artist
Victorian mug with transfer print of Clifton Suspension Bridge on front and "Thomas Symons / Newnham" in gold. Interior has image of a child reading a newspaper, smoking a pipe with the caption "Our Early Days / Now I'm a Grandfather" and includes two moulded figures of frogs.
Pountney & Co.
Number 190 of 500 engraved rose bowls created to commemorate Bristol's association with the Great Western Railway. Engraved with an image of Clifton Suspension Bridge and on the reverse, the GWR seal.
Caithness Glass PLC
• 20 CDs containing digitally-born and digital surrogate files of Adrian Andrews’ images and research, including drafts and proofs for the guidebook, Clifton Suspension Bridge, by Adrian Andrews and Michael Pascoe, (Broadcast Books, 2008) (c. 2000 – 2016)
• Two A3 portfolio folders containing original prints of various bridges (c.1770s – 1880s), copies and grangerized extracts from nineteenth-century publications (including The London Illustrated News, The Scotsman), photographic prints and negatives of Clifton Suspension Bridge and other bridges, photocopies of letters and papers from archives and photographic prints of exhibitions boards (2006).
• 7 lever arch folders and one folder containing prints, drafts for Andrews' publications and research notes concerning the Clifton Suspension Bridge, the history of bridge engineering in general and Kings Weston House, Bristol.
• One stereoscope and 209 stereoscopic photographs of bridges, including 84 images of Clifton Suspension Bridge (c.1850s – 1910).
• Three commemorative medallions: iron bridge at Coalbrook (opened 1779), London Bridge (opened 1831) and the Thames Tunnel (opened 1845).
• One hard drive containing approximately 32,500 images relating to Adrian Andrew’s historic research and design work.
• Collection of books and 7 framed prints relating to Isambard Kingdom Brunel and the history of bridge construction and engineering.
Andrews, Adrian Harry Douglas
Apsley, Pellatt & Co Ltd, London
11th (Bristol & Glos) Mobile Defence Corps
Avon Tin Printers Ltd, Bristol