Affichage de 205 résultats

Description archivistique
Stereoscopic photographs
Aperçu avant impression Hierarchy Affichage :

205 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Stereoview of Clifton Hotel

The Clifton Down Hotel was also previously known as the Royal York and The Bath Hotel. On 21 June 1831, there was a foundation laying ceremony led by Lady Elton which was preceded by a breakfast held by the Bridge Committee at the hotel which was known as the Bath Hotel at the time. The laying of the Leigh Woods abutment foundation stone in 1836 also involved a dinner at the hotel which had ordered special commemorative china. The hotel was re-built from 1862 to 1864, opening as the Clifton Down Hotel in 1865 - five months after the completion of Clifton Suspension Bridge. The building was taken over by the Government in 1939 and in the twentieth century it was named as Bridge House.

Beattie, John (1820 - 1883)

Résultats 11 à 20 sur 205