Affichage de 100 résultats

Lieux
Lieux terme Note sur la portée et contenu Description archivistique décompte Notice d'autorité décompte
Avon Gorge 1 0
Britannia Bridge, Wales

Utilisé pour : Pont Britannia

  • Crosses the Menai Straits between Anglesey and mainland Wales. Originally this was a tubular rail bridge of wrought iron rectangular box-section spans, designed by Robert Stephenson and opened in 1850, with an overall length of 461m/1512ft and a longest span of 140m/460ft. After a fire in 1970 the bridge was rebuilt by Husband and Co.as a two-tier steel truss arch bridge. The new rail bridge opened in 1972 and the upper road level in 1980.
1 0
Forth Bridge, Scotland

Utilisé pour : Forth Rail Bridge

  • A triple double-cantilever bridge crossing the Firth of Forth west of Edinburgh, this was the first major structure in Britain made of steel. Construction started in 1883 and the bridge opened in 1890. It was designed by Sir John Fowler and Sir Benjamin Baker, and built by Sir William Arrol & Co.
4 0
Menai Suspension Bridge, Wales

Utilisé pour : Menai Bridge

  • A road bridge crossing the Menai Straits between Anglesey and mainland Wales, designed by Thomas Telford. Construction began in 1819 and the bridge opened in 1826. The longest span is 176m/577ft and the overall length is 417m/1363ft. The original wooden deck was replaced with a steel deck in 1893 and the wrought iron chains were replaced with steel ones in 1938.
13 0
Scotswood Bridge, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Gateshead, England (1831)
  • Known locally as "The Chain Bridge", this suspension road bridge across the River Tyne linked the western area of Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Gateshead. It was designed by John Green and opened in 1831. It was strengthened and widened in 1931, but proved to be too narrow for increasing volumes of traffic and was demolished in 1967 after its replacement had been completed.
2 0
Craigellachie Bridge, Scotland
  • Built between 1812 and 1814 and designed by Thomas Telford, this is the oldest cast iron bridge in Scotland, with a single span of approximately 46m/151ft. It crosses the River Spey at the village of Craigellachie, near Aberlour, Moray. Previously a road bridge carrying the A941, it is now open only to pedestrians and cyclists.
2 0
Berwyn Chain Bridge, Llangollen, Wales (1876)

Utilisé pour : Henry Robertson Chain Bridge

1 0
Essex-Merrimac Chain Bridge, Newburyport, United States (1810)

Utilisé pour : Newburyport Chain Bridge, The Chain Bridge, Old Chain Bridge

2 0
Rouen Suspension Bridge, France (1836) 1 0
Saint-Claude Suspension Bridge, France (1844) 1 0